When cholesterol levels are high, awful cholesterol (LDL) increases the risk of different diseases, including heart disease. Excess lipids in the blood promote plaque formation within the arteries, and these plaques can clog blood vessels and increase the risk of a heart attack or stroke. Therefore, it is necessary to control our cholesterol levels.
Foods that Help Lower Cholesterol
Cholesterol-lowering foods often contain phytosterol, which prevents the body from absorbing as much LDL cholesterol. Other foods are those rich in good fats, such as omega-3s, and those with certain antioxidants. See the list below for some examples of these foods:
1. Olive Oil
We can consider olive oil as liquid gold due to its high monounsaturated fats and polyphenols (antioxidants), which help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
2. Fatty Fish
Fatty fish (salmon, tuna, horsetail, sardine, etc.) are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.
3. Dried Fruits
Walnuts also contain large amounts of omega-3, which is why they help us lower cholesterol.
4. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds prevent constipation, protect our heart, favor the elimination of liquids and purify our body due to their significant contribution of soluble and insoluble fiber, in addition to being rich in omega 3.
Green Juice to Lower Cholesterol
- Four cabbage leaves
- Two slices of pineapple
- One lemon (juice)
- One cucumber
- One apple
Put all the ingredients in the blender, previously cut, and add a little water if you want to put some ice cubes.
- Contains high doses of vitamin K.
- Rich in iron, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber.
- Low calories.
- Great anti-inflammatory power, especially for arthritis processes.
- Protects your heart.
Rich in Fiber
- It highlights potassium, iodine, and vitamin C.
- Prevents type 2 diabetes.
Rich in vitamin C.
- Facilitates the absorption of iron.
- Prevents scurvy disease.
- Promotes collagen formation.
- Strengthens our immune system.
- Prevents premature aging.
- Fights the effects of free radicals.
- Protector of the gastric and intestinal mucosa.
- Satiating power.
- Diuretic and purifying.
- Prevent acne.
- Masks hydrates and protects our skin.