Google Slides is a popular presentation tool that offers many features to improve the look and effectiveness of your presentations. One of these features is the ability to embed videos directly into your slides. This article will walk you through the steps to add a video to your Google Slides presentation.
Before You Start
Before you begin, ensure you can access the video you want to embed in your presentation. You can add videos directly from YouTube, or you can upload your videos to Google Drive and add them from there.
Step 1: Open Google Slides
Open Google Slides and navigate to the presentation where you want to add a video. Select the slide where you want the video to appear.
Step 2: Insert Video
In the menu bar at the top of the screen, click “Insert,” then select “Video.” This will open a dialog letting you choose how to add your video.
Step 3: Select Video Source
You have three options for selecting the source of your video:
YouTube search: Type keywords in the search bar to find a video on YouTube.
URL: If you already have the YouTube video URL you want to add, paste it here.
Google Drive: If you want to use a video uploaded to Google Drive, select this option.
Choose the method that suits your situation, then select the video you want to add.
Step 4: Position and Resize the Video
Once you’ve inserted the video, you can move and resize it to fit your slide. To move the video, click on it and drag it to the desired location. To resize the video, click on any corner and drag until you get the size you want.
Step 5: Video Playback Settings
You can access “Video Options” by right-clicking on the video, which lets you choose when and how the video plays. You can choose to start the video automatically or on click, and you can also select a specific portion of the video to play if you don’t want to use the whole video.
What Video Format for Google Slide?
The recommended video format for Google Slides is MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14). MP4 format is a commonly used video file format that offers good video quality and high compatibility with media players.
To add a video to a Google Slides presentation, follow these steps:
- Open your Google Slides presentation.
- Click the “Insert” menu at the top of the screen, then select “Video.”
- You will have several options to add a video:
- “Search the Web”: You can search for videos directly from Google Slides and add them to your presentation.
- “Import from computer”: You can upload a video and add it to your presentation.
- “From Google Drive”: You can add a video already present in your Google Drive.
Select the option that best suits your needs and follow the instructions to add the video to your presentation.
When you import a video into Google Slides, it is uploaded to Google’s servers and converted to a compatible format, including MP4. Ensure the video size does not exceed the file size limits imposed by Google Slides.
How to Put an Audio On Google Slides?
To add an audio file to a Google Slides slide, follow the steps below:
- Open your Google Slides presentation.
- Select the slide you want to add the audio or create a new one.
- Click the “Insert” menu at the top of the screen, then select “Audio.”
- You will have several options to add an audio file:
- “Search the Web”: You can search for audio files directly from Google Slides and add them to your presentation.
- “Import from computer”: You can upload an audio file from your computer and add it to your presentation.
- “From Google Drive”: You can add an audio file already in your Google Drive.
5. Select the option that best suits your needs and follow the instructions to add the audio file to your slide.
Once you’ve added the audio file, you can adjust its position and size on the slide. You can also set playback options, such as audio autostarting or repeating.
How to Put a Video on Google Slide on Ipad?
On an iPad, you can add a video to a Google Slides slide by following these steps:
- Open the Google Slides app on your iPad.
- Open the presentation where you want to add the video.
- Tap the slide to which you want to add the video or create a new one.
- At the top of the screen, tap the “+” icon, then select “Insert.”
- From the menu that appears, select “Image” to display options for inserting images and videos.
- Select the “Photos” option to access your photos and videos on your iPad.
- Find and select the video you want to add to the slide. The video will be imported and added to the slide.
- Adjust the size and position of the video by dragging and resizing it to your preference.
- You can also change the video playback settings by tapping on the video and selecting the “Edit video link” option. You can choose whether you want the video to play automatically or on demand, as well as other playback settings.
Once the video is added to the slide, you can switch to presentation mode to view and play it.
Embedding videos in your Google Slides presentations can make your slides more engaging and informative. Whether you want to add an educational video, a humorous clip, or even a product demo, Google Slides makes the process simple and easy. Just follow the steps above to enhance your next presentation with videos.